Nevada Northern & Railroads of White Pine County

 

 
Locomotive Photo Roster  

0-6-0    No. 6

 
   

 

Builder

Type

Road No.

Built

BN

Cyl.

Drivers (in)

Engine Weight

Tender Weight (light)

Weight on Drivers

Effort

Coal (tons)

H20 (gal)

Comments

Disposition

Alco

0-6-0

600

Feb
1902

25875

19x26

50

109,200

 

109,200

 

 

 

Schenectady works.

Sold c1940 to Utah Construction for work on tailings dike at Magna, Utah.

Service Notes
  • Built new for Elwood, Anderson & Lapelle Railroad No. 3.
  • Purchased by NCCCo through Southern Iron & Equipment Co., Atlanta, Georgia (loco dealer) in October, 1916 as No. 1075.
  • Complete overhaul 21 June in either 1930 or 1931; new firebox, new steel cab to replace wooden one, new tank bottom, Franklin Firebox Door $9541.00. Ready for service 15 December same year.

 

11 July 1939

New Copper Flat engine house
Ruth, Nevada

Ted Wurm photograph
Bert H. Ward collection

Used with permission

     
The 600 was too small for pit service in later years. Prior to the building of the Copper Flat engine house in 1938, the 600 was the switcher from the Star Pointer shops to Copper Flat and to the various shops, probably including Consolidated Coppermines Emma-Nevada shaft & Kimberly etc.

 

 

   
c1930-1931

Location unknown

Steve Swanson collection
Used with permission

     
Presumably photographed shortly after the 1930-1931 rebuild considering the paint, white tires and stripping. Notice that the road number is on the steam dome instead of the usual placement on the sand dome.

 

 

 

 

 

Last modified 19 March, 2002 by Keith Albrandt